KappAhl publishes Sustainability Report 2013
Today KappAhl publishes its sustainability performance report.
“We are very proud of that much has been done in the area of sustainability, but we are all extremely aware that there is an infinite amount still to do. It is important that we continue on our staked out path”, says KappAhl’s President and CEO Johan Åberg in the report.
During the past year, a total of 18 percent of the KappAhl range has been sustainably branded. In addition, during the year KappAhl also has:
- Been one of the initiators of SWAR, a Swedish project for cleaner textile production in India.
- Signed the “Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh”, an international agreement to create safer working conditions for textile workers in Bangladesh.
- Carried out a large number of inspections and follow-up visits to suppliers, as part of daily operations.
- Published the production units of their suppliers.
- Once again, received prizes for the quality of their garments. Among other things, been awarded “Best in Test” by Swedish test institute Testfakta for their UV protective clothing for children.
- Carried out 1500 tests in independent laboratories to minimise the occurrence of unwanted chemicals in their products.
- Again, received top marks from employees in the annual employee survey, averaging 4.3 out of 5 for work and the workplace overall.
The Sustainability Report is available for download at www.kappahl.com/Future, Friendly, Fashion..
For more information, please contact:
Eva Kindgren, Manager CSR Production. Tel +46 (0)704-40 57 37, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredrika Klarén, Manager Environmental Affairs. Tel. +46 (0)704-71 55 58, email@example.com
For photos and company information:
Charlotte Högberg, Head Public Relations. Tel. +46 (0)704-71 56 31, firstname.lastname@example.org
KappAhl, founded in 1953, is one of the Nordic region’s leading fashion retailers with close to 400 stores in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland, and Shop Online. KappAhl offers value-for-money fashion of its own design to the many people – men, women and children, with a special focus on women in the prime of life. KappAhl was the world’s first fashion retailer to gain environmental certification in 1999. In 2012/2013, sales were SEK 4.8 billion and the number of employees approximately 4,500. KappAhl is quoted on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm. For more information, go to www.kappahl.com.
Download file: 131211 KappAhl publishes Sustainability Report 2013.pdf