KappAhl's brand is associated with affordable fashion, design and quality. It also stands for responsibility, consideration and assurance. Sustainability issues are naturally integrated into our daily activities. We conduct our business with a long-term view and do our utmost to work pro-actively in all areas with a focus on quality, the environment, safety, working conditions and social issues.
From a product perspective, this means that our customers should feel satisfied and confident with KappAhl's products and their progress though the entire production process. We comply with current laws and work actively to develop and improve our products. We make decisions every day, choosing solutions to ensure that our products maintain high ethical and moral standards.
Ethics and morals
KappAhl offers a range that is contemporary and attractive to many people. We work continuously to ensure that our products fulfil their expected functions, without being perceived to be offensive. Ideas about what can be considered to be offensive vary from one period to another as well as between people and cultures. Our intention is to use hindsight first and to listen to public opinion.
- For example, we exclude products and prints that are associated with racism, sexism, Nazism, drugs, occult symbols and/or politics.
- We don't sell children's clothing that could be seen as provocative, or for example which makes references to sex.
- We have a range of bras that corresponds to the range of sizes in the rest of our Women's assortment.
KappAhl communicates with our customers in a variety ways about how and where we work. This includes on our website and on our products, which are labelled with their country of origin.
Health and safety
KappAhl's products must not entail any risks for our customers or for those who produce our products. We participate actively in research and development to ensure that products and processes are safe.
- All of KappAhl's garments meet stringent requirements on the use of chemicals. Here is our list of chemicals.
- Sandblasting, which is used in the manufacturing of denim, is not permitted in our production process.
- Our work with child safety complies with the Product Safety Act, all the way from design to production, with extra inspections, for example, of buttons, chemicals and choice of materials.
- The products in our collections undergo thorough tests, both in our own laboratories and in external laboratories.
KappAhl works throughout the production chain to guarantee that products containing leather, animal hair or similar do not come from animals that are mistreated or under threat of extinction. If a product contains material of animal origin, this is stated on the care label.
- We do not sell products made from genuine fur.
- We only sell leather from cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats and pigs which is a residual product from meat production.
- We dissociate ourselves from mulesing, the operation carried out on Merino sheep to prevent flystrike, and we do not accept clamps as an alternative.
- We do not accept down that is plucked from living birds. We buy down and feathers that are a residual product from slaughtered birds that have been raised for meat production.
- Our products do not contain materials that come from species threatened with extinction.
- We do not sell products that contain angora wool.
- We have stopped buying mohair products and commit ourselves to phase out all mohair by spring season 2019.
Moda, z którą czujemy się dobrze
Co roku kupujemy średnio ponad 12 kilogramów odzieży i tekstyliów. Ale co tak naprawdę ląduje w naszych szafach? W naszej serii programów Make it Feel Right dziennikarka Annika Leone dowie się, jak kupować odpowiednie ubrania, które są dobre dla nas i dla środowiska. Kliknij tutaj, aby obejrzeć wszystkie odcinki
Kontakt z nami
Zachęcamy do kontaktu z nami! Tutaj znajdziesz dane kontaktowe KappAhl.
Tutaj znajdują się odpowiedzi na najczęściej zadawane pytania na temat naszych działań na rzecz zrównoważonego rozwoju.