KappAhl Year End Report 16/17: Improved performance
“The 2016/2017 financial year was yet another step towards KappAhl’s financial targets – to achieve an operating margin of 10 per cent and a sales increase of 4 per cent over a business cycle.” Read the CEO statement on the Year End Report.
- Sales in the quarter were unchanged, SEK 1,248 (1,248) million compared with the fourth quarter of the previous year and they increased by 4.1 per cent to SEK 4,916 (4,724) million during the year.
- The gross margin increased by 2.7 percentage points to 60.7 (58.0) per cent during the quarter and by 0.4 percentage points to 62.2 (61.8) per cent for the year.
- Investments increased to SEK 177 (120) million for the year.
- The operating margin for the quarter was 11.1 (7.9) per cent and 9.1 (7.4) per cent for the year.
- The Board of Directors proposes that a dividend of SEK 2.00 per share be distributed. In addition the Board of Directors proposes a distribution of assets of SEK 6.50 per share by means of a redemption procedure.
|Forth Quarter (June-Aug)||Twelve months (Sep-Aug)|
|Net sales, SEK million||1 248||1 248||0||4 916||4 724||192|
|Operating profit/loss, SEK million||139||99||40||448||350||98|
|Gross margin, %||60,7||58,0||2,7||62,2||61,8||0,4|
|Operating margin, %||11,1||7,9||3,2||9,1||7,4||1,7|
|Profit after tax, SEK million||141||59||82||364||245||119|
|Earnings per share, SEK||1,84||0,77||1,07||4,74||3,19||1,55|
|Cash flow from operating activities, SEK million||61||-3||64||572||304||268|
This information is information that KappAhl AB is obliged to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Market Act. The information was released for public disclosure through the agency of President and CEO Danny Feltmann on 12 October 2017 at 07.30 CET.
For further information
Danny Feltmann, President & CEO. Tel +46 31 771 5661.
Anders Düring, Chief Financial Officer. Tel +46 708 887 733.
For photos and company information
Charlotte Högberg, Head Corporate Communications, Tel +46 704 71 56 31, firstname.lastname@example.org
KappAhl was founded in Gothenburg in 1953 and is a leading fashion chain in the Nordic region with 370 KappAhl and Newbie stores and Shop Online in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland. Our business idea is to offer value-for-money fashion of our own design to the many people. Sustainability-labeled fashion accounts for 53 per cent of the range. Sales for 2016/2017 totaled SEK 4.9 billion and the company has approx. 4,000 employees in nine countries. KappAhl is quoted on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information at www.kappahl.com
Download file here:: KappAhl Year End Report 16-17_Improved performance.pdf