Kappahl searches for larger model
KAPPAHL SEARCHES FOR LARGE MODEL
This year KappAhl’s collection for larger sizes, XLNT, marks 15 years. It is noted with a model competition in collaboration with several leading fashion magazines. The contest begins in Sweden today and is open to all women with size 44 and up.
From the start, XLNT has gradually increased and now accounts for a significant proportion of KappAhl’s women assortment. In the past five years, XLNT doubled in
- We have had XLNT since 1997 and the collection has had a real boost in recent years. Our client is the woman in the middle of life with different fits and XLNT fills a great need, says Monika Kostovska, Head of Fashion Press at KappAhl.
To mark that XLNT has existed for 15 years KappAhl launches XLNT Model Search, a contest in collaboration with leading fashion magazines in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland. The winner is voted also via the people's voice.
– We are proud of our collection and we want to celebrate the strong woman who likes her body and her curves. XLNT Model Search gives those who want a chance to come forward and participate in KappAhl’s campaigns for a year, says Monika Kostovska.
Facts XLNT Model Search
Registration procedures and contest information can be found at www.kappahl.com. In each country, eight participants go to the final of which two are chosen on the people's voice, and six by a jury consisting of representatives from KappAhl and the co-fashion magazines. Collaborations and contest start in each country:
- Poland, magazine Claudia, 10 June
- Norway, magazine KK, 10 July
- Sweden, magazine Amelia, 18 July
- Finland, magazines Ilona and Tyyli, 6 August
For more information:
Annette Björklund, Head Public Relations, tel. +46 704 715542, e-mail email@example.com
Monika Kostovska, Head Fashion Press, tel. +46 704 715556, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
KappAhl is a leading fashion chain with more than 380 stores and almost 4,900 employees in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland and the Czech Republic. KappAhl sells affordable fashion to a wide range of consumers – women, men and children – with a particular focus on women in the 30 to 50 age group with families. All KappAhl garments are designed by our own fashion team. In 1999, KappAhl was the first fashion chain in the world to receive environmental management standard certification. KappAhl’s sales for the 2010/2011 financial year reached almost SEK 5 billion and its operating income was SEK 222 million. KappAhl is quoted on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm. More information is available on www.kappahl.com.DOWNLOAD PRESS RELEASE